Hold Up

The links on this blog have been added in order for music to be readily available to anyone who should want to hear it. If you download any of these files it is expected that you delete the music after a day or so. If you like an artist, buy their music and support them by going to shows and buying merchandise.

Solar Fields, Lisa Miskovsky - Mirror's Edge Original Videogame Score (2009)

8:41 AM Posted by Joey Dunst



In late 2008, a little game was released known as Mirror's Edge. A lot of critics found the story lack and the gameplay somewhat forced; others found the parkour inspired first person action and responsive, intuitive controls refreshing and rewarding. I happen to be one of the people who fall into the second category; I absolutely loved this game for reasons that are beyond me, though my best guess is that it's the first game that makes me feel like the character I'm playing isn't retarded (think of how in a lot of games, you can't swim, or like... in Guild Wars, you can't jump). Basically, given any situation in the game, I always felt like I had the necessary abilities to do it. I loved the game for it's unique visual style, which had a mostly white palette with a heavy emphasis on primary colors for direction.

In addition to all this, however, Mirror's Edge had an absolutely fantastic soundtrack. Ambient and Low-Fi composed by the one man group Solar Fields (with the last two tracks composed by Lisa Miskovsky). The last song, Still Alive, is completely unrelated to the similarly named infamous song from Portal. All in all, the tracks combine city evocative ambience to pulse-
pounding techno, all wrapped up in a crisp, clean production.

Getttttttttt (it's big).

Also, you should play the game.

1 comments:

NotJesus said...

Haven't played the game or heard the music, but thanks for the review. It seems like such a cool game, but I doubt it will ever get the attention it deserves.

Post a Comment