Hold Up

The links on this blog have been added in order for music to be readily available to anyone who should want to hear it. If you download any of these files it is expected that you delete the music after a day or so. If you like an artist, buy their music and support them by going to shows and buying merchandise.

Gavin Castleton - Home

8:19 AM Posted by Qwetherington


Wow this was a great find. I'd seen this album floating around various locations but had never bothered to check it out. Reading reviews and looking in a few places, I deemed this album as one that merited a listen. I'm glad I did. This is a phenomenal album filled with quirky instrumental turns and insanely funky bass lines. The opening song has an almost broadway-esque vocal delivery and some songs have a definite element of hip hop in them. I say element because there's still room in the music for progressive rock, funk, salsa and electronica. SALSA and ELECTRONICA and PROG ROCK. I mean come ON. The music is all at once catchy as hell, danceable, musically virtuosic and sonically rich. You can keep coming back to the music and each time you'll feel the same rewarding feeling. This album is fantastic and comes highly recommended. Even more highly recommended than normal. Just get it.

5 comments:

Wintertriangles said...

hated this regardless of it's eclecticism

Joey Dunst said...

oh my god you just won a million awesome points dom !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one of my top 5 for 09 and an absolutely heartbreaking, moving piece. gets me every time

Qwetherington said...

aw triangles really? i guess it's the flamboyant part of me that was captivated by this.

phones this shit fucking RULES man i think it's a top 5 too. insanely good stuff. stays fresh each listen

Jingle said...

album is pretty good but it grew off 3.5

Anonymous said...

I listened to this album with my best friend in the whole entire world and so I ended up really liking it 'cause he does. Okay he's not my best friend but pretty close, I do suppose.

I am in love with this man's voice.

Post a Comment