Hold Up

The links on this blog have been added in order for music to be readily available to anyone who should want to hear it. If you download any of these files it is expected that you delete the music after a day or so. If you like an artist, buy their music and support them by going to shows and buying merchandise.

Fugazi -13 Songs

9:10 PM Posted by Qwetherington


I occasionally make mixtapes of my music for people I know. These people invariably have inferior music taste to myself and are initially perplexed by the kinds of music present on the discs I burn for them. For example, my girlfriend didn't like Darkthrone or Converge, nor did my sister like The Microphones. My brother liked Summoning though, so that's a point for Qwe.
The problem is that lot of the music I listen to could be percieved as "inaccessible." Sometimes that label pisses me off because inaccessible implies the music having a totally unlistenable nature. However, I will admit that some of my music may take some getting used to. This shits me, because it's hard to show someone who hasn't the listening patience I have music that will take them time to get into.

They all like one band though: Fugazi.

Blending energy and passion with musicality, swagger, catchiness and breathtaking songwriting chops, these guys have crafted a brilliant slab of post-hardcore that basically everyone in the world would like, given half a chance. My mother, father, sister and brother all like Fugazi. From the anthemic "Waiting Room" with its killer opening bassline, to the awesome lyrical phrasing on "Burning," this is seriously a release not to be missed.

Although if you're a huge music elitist like we are, you've probably heard this album already. Aw screw it, even if you have heard it before, GET IT AGAIN MAN

1 comments:

Joey Dunst said...

guess i should get this

Post a Comment